The Fraser Centre Community Trust is inviting members of the public to come and view the designs for the new Fraser Centre.
Chairman of the Trust Jonny Russell said, “We are very excited by this latest step in our plans to rebuild The Fraser Centre into a modern community hub.
The Trust would like to thank the design team led by Archial Norr and Community Enterprise for their expertise and support. We would also like to thank the community who have provided their feedback through our design process on what was needed and how the building should look.”
In 2014 the Big Lottery awarded The Fraser Centre Community Trust a grant of £83,723.69 to develop the project to: conduct additional research; technical surveys; professional advice; and appoint a design team.
The building has been designed as flexible so it can cater to a wide range of activities and shall feature:
- Large multipurpose space with bleacher seating suitable for cinema and live performances
- An adjacent smaller multipurpose activity space which can be opened into one large space to offer greater flexibility for functions and other performances.
- 3 ‘office’ spaces for (a) long term lets to small businesses and Third Sector organisations. (b) Used as bookable rooms for smaller meetings/ groups.
- At the heart of the building is a community café. This is linked to both entrances and opens up towards the street creating a garden courtyard and creating a ‘shop window’ to Tranent.
- The building will also house a kitchen, reception, small staff office, storage space for groups’ equipment and toilet facilities.
Mr Russell emphasized there was still a lot of work to be carried out on the project “A lot of hard work has gone into reaching this stage however we still have a long way to go. The fundraising campaign is in its early stages and we have a target of £2.2 million to reach. We are working on several funding strands and hope to have more good news to share as 2016 progresses. We have been delighted by the enthusiastic response by the public in helping us at our fundraising events and would ask anyone interested in helping, or just finding out more, to get in touch and help us to build this fantastic resource for the community”.
If you would like to view the designs in person and have the opportunity to chat through the plans with a member of our team then please visit on:
- Saturday 25th June: 2pm-4pm, the Fraser Centre
- Monday 27th June: 9.30am-12.30pm George Johnstone Centre
- Monday 4th July: 2pm-4pm The Fraser Centre
- Friday 8th July: 6pm-8pm, The Fraser Centre, 3a Winton Place
Alternatively you can view the designs and follow the project on www.friendsofthefrasercentre.com
Feedback or questions can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 01875 617444.