BIG LOTTERY FUND AWARD £1,200,000 FOR THE FRASER CENTRE
The Fraser Centre Community Trust is delighted to announce we have been awarded £1,200,000 from the Big Lottery Fund towards our project to rebuild The Fraser Centre into a community hub.
The capital project aims to transform the semi derelict site in the heart of the town into a modern centre for learning, development, arts & entertainment and help to regenerate the town centre.
This award follows on from the £730,000 award announced earlier this month from the Scottish Government Town Centre Regeneration Fund as the trust aims to raise £2.4 million for the project.
Jonny Russell, Chairman of The Fraser Centre Community Trust: “I am absolutely delighted with this award and the faith the Big Lottery Fund have shown in our project. To have this level of support is fantastic and brings us a huge step closer to our fundraising target.
This award is the result of over 3 years work and we have had a lot of support in that time. In particular we would like to thank the Big Lottery Growing Community Assets team, Community Enterprise and our design team led by NORR who have all been a huge help.
The trust has received fantastic support from the community with people completing surveys or attending consultation days. Our team of volunteers have helped fundraise with events and challenges and we have also received many letters from individuals, groups and businesses backing the project.
On behalf of the trust, we thank you for your support which helped demonstrate to the Big Lottery Fund the level of community support behind us.”
David Orr, Development Manager of The Fraser Centre Community Trust: “This award is a great step in the right direction and we are looking forward to continuing our fundraising campaign to reach our target before work can begin. If you would like to get involved please visit www.friendsofthefrasercentre.com and find out how you can help the trust’s vision become a reality.”
Maureen McGinn, Big Lottery Fund Scotland Chair: “I am delighted that Tranent will benefit from a new state of the art community hub, thanks to this contribution from the National Lottery. Since its launch ten years ago, our Growing Community Assets fund has invested £98 million in 181 projects across the country. This award to The Fraser Centre Community Trust is another great example of local people doing it for themselves and I look forward to following their progress as they pursue their community ownership ambitions.”
Community Enterprise: “We are really delighted The Fraser Centre has been awarded these funds. It has been a rigorous and challenging process but there has been a real determination and enthusiasm both in the Fraser Centre team and in the wider community to see this project happen. We are very pleased the Big Lottery Fund has recognised this and have every confidence that the new Fraser Centre will be well used and valued by local people.”
NORR: “NORR are very proud to have contributed to this fantastic achievement by the Fraser Centre team and look forward to the next stage”
Jamie Baker, East Lothian Council’s Town Centre Regeneration Officer said “We are pleased that Fraser Centre Community Trust has been successful in their application for funding from the Big Lottery Fund, this adds to the funds already raised by the community of Tranent and those secured by the Council from the Scottish Government’s Regeneration Capital Grant Fund earlier in March 2017. The redevelopment of the Fraser Centre site right in the centre of the Town will be a great boost for the Town.
For further information on The Fraser Centre project please visit www.friendsofthefrasercentre.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fraser Centre Community Trust is a registered charity SCO43597, for press enquiries please contact: David Orr, Development Manager, The Fraser Centre; 01875 617444 or email@example.com.
- The venue address is: The Fraser Centre, 3a Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian, EH33 1AF, for event information visit www.thefrasercentre.com For fundraising updates please visit www.friendsofthefrasercentre.com.
- Follow The Fraser Centre social media channels on facebook and Twitter (@thefrasercentre).
- The Big Lottery Fund is the largest funder of community activity in the UK. It puts people in the lead to improve their lives and communities, often through small, local projects.
- It is responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised by National Lottery players for good causes. Every year it invests over £650 million and awards around 12,000 grants across the UK for health, education, environment and charitable purposes.
- Since June 2004 it has awarded over £8 billion to projects that change the lives of millions of people.
- Community Enterprise held community consultation workshops and created a 5 year business plan for The Fraser Centre Community Trust. www.communityenterprise.co.uk
- The project design team is led by NORR on behalf of The Fraser Centre Community Trust. www.norr.com.