The Fraser Centre Community Trust is looking for a caretaker to help with the operations of the centre.
Job title: Caretaker (p/t)
Organisation: The Fraser Centre Community Trust (FCCT)
Location: The Fraser Centre Community Trust, 3a Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian, EH33 1AF
Reports to: Centre Manager
Hours: Minimum 10 hours per week. This will include evenings and weekends.
Pay scale: £9 per hour.
Position type: Permanent, part time.
The Organisation: FCCT is a registered Scottish Charity SCO43597. The Trust is in the process of completing a capital project to rebuild the former Winton Cinema into a modern community hub for learning, development, arts & entertainment.
The building is due to open in October 2019. The hub will house a café, rooms to let, rooms to hire, with a vibrant programme of events and activities.
FCCT is an equal opportunities employer.
Duties & responsibilities: The Fraser Centre Community Trust is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and skilled individual within our team at The Fraser Centre.
This post is responsible for:
1. Welcoming event booking clients to The Fraser Centre.
2. Preparing rooms for hire events.
3. Ensuring the Centre is clean, safe and presentable to all users of the building
4. Ensuring the Centre is a safe place to work and to visit through adopting safe working practices.
5. Cleaning of the centre which includes but not exclusive to: lower windows and doors; foyer/café; offices; toilets; activity rooms; corridors.
6. Ensuring toilets are freshly stocked with toiletries.
7. Emptying bins.
8. Ensure equipment is maintained and any faults or need for replacements highlighted to the Centre Manager.
9. Working with other staff and users to provide a facility that everyone can be proud of.
10. Responsible for opening and locking of the building before and after events.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Skills / Qualification / Experience Essential / Desirable
Experience of working within a similar role Essential
Trustworthy and able to work alone Essential
Takes pride in their work Essential
Good organisational & communication skills Essential
Good record keeping skills Essential
First Aid Certificate Desirable (Training will be given)
To Apply: To apply please send your CV with a cover letter to the address below detailing why you are the best candidate for the position. Please provide two business/ professional references.
Project & Development Manager
The Fraser Centre Community Trust
4 Cockburn Halls
Or email email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday 20th December
Interview dates: Week beginning 6th January
Start date: Immediate start upon completion of PVG disclosure procedure
Interview process: Interviews will be held at The Fraser Centre with 2 members of the Trust. References will only be used if you are selected for an interview.
Appointment, Training, Notice
All successful applicants will be appointed subject to a PVG disclosure procedure
There will be a three month probationary period with monthly reviews with your line manager.
A 4 week notice period is required from either party.